Join our team
Take a look at our vacancies and find out more!
Research Scientist – Complix Gent
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Complix for a Research Scientist to join a research team based in Zwijnaarde, Gent. Headquartered in Belgium, Complix is an established biotech company committed to the development of therapies for diseases with high unmet medical need, including cancer and autoimmunity. Our proprietary technology is based on Alphabodies, a novel protein scaffold. The structure of Alphabodies confers them with significant advantages over current protein therapeutic approaches and allows for the generation of biopharmaceuticals to address targets currently unamenable to more conventional approaches. The major focus of the company is the development of Alphabodies that can penetrate cells and thereby interfere with protein-protein interactions important in disease processes.
We are looking to add a PhD scientist to an established team tasked with the production, purification and characterization of principally Alphabodies but also of target proteins for assays and biopanning campaigns. The successful candidate will work with an established team to develop and implement upstream and downstream methods for the production of protein and devise and implement a range of suitable characterization and QC assays. The role would suit an enthusiastic and energetic PhD with a desire to further his/her career in the area of production of biologics. We offer a fulltime permanent contract, competitive salary package and benefits (pension, meal vouchers and health insurance).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To plan, design and execute purification of Alphabodies and targets as well as suitable QC and biochemical assays
- To identify and establish new techniques in the laboratory
- To analyze and interpret experimental data
- To design data systems and record and document data accurately in these systems
- To contribute to scientific discussions and translate project goals in design and optimization of experimental procedures
- To summarize data in written reports and presentations
Qualifications and skills:
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or corresponding field
- Knowledge and excellent technical skills in USP and DSP including molecular biology, bacterial fermentation, column chromatography and a range of characterization and QC assay techniques (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western Blot analysis, HPLC, SPR, ELISA)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills and adaptation capacity to changes in project priorities
- Goal oriented
- Excellent communication skills oral as well as written.
- High level of proficiency in English, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage but not essential.
- A true team player
If you are interested in joining an exciting and dynamic team, please contact: Barbara.Vercruyssen@complix.com