Join our team
Take a look at our vacancies and find out more!
Research associate – Complix Gent
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Complix for a Research Associate to join a research team based in Zwijnaarde, Gent. Headquartered in Belgium, Complix is an established biotech company committed to the development of therapies for diseases with high unmet medical need, including cancer and autoimmunity. Our proprietary technology is based on Alphabodies, a novel protein scaffold. The structure of Alphabodies confers them with significant advantages over current protein therapeutic approaches and allows for the generation of biopharmaceuticals to address targets currently unamenable to more conventional approaches. The major focus of the company is the development of Alphabodies that can penetrate cells and thereby interfere with protein-protein interactions important in disease processes.
This Research Associate will join a team of scientists tasked with cloning of Alphabody constructs, growth of bacteria and purification of Alphabody proteins in accordance with established protocols. The successful candidate will also be expected to play a critical role in the development and performance of key biochemical assays including but not limited to ELISAs, SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis. This is a varied role involving a range of techniques and would suit an ambitious research associate in academia looking to join industry or a talented research associate currently working in industry looking for a new opportunity. We offer a fulltime permanent contract, competitive salary package and benefits (meal vouchers and hospital insurance).
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Under supervision, execute experiments and apply techniques following defined protocols
- Clone Alphabody constructs, grow bacterial cultures and purify proteins
- Develop and perform ELISA assays
- Conduct protein analysis assays (SDS-PAGE and Western Blot)
- Record data in lab note books and defined templates
- Contribute to data analysis and troubleshooting
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor in Science in a relevant field of Life Sciences, preferentially biochemistry, biotechnology or biology
- Proven general lab skill and previous experience in working in an Industry environment is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following is an advantage but training will be provided where there is a skills gap: Molecular biology, bacterial culture, column chromatography, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blot
- Proficiency in MS Office (excel, word, power point)
- Accuracy in following instructions, record keeping and completion of reports
- Team-oriented attitude, flexibility, ability to multi-task and to work independently
- Ability to report and discuss experimental design and data in English is mandatory
- Scientific integrity
If you are interested in joining an exciting and dynamic team, please contact: email@example.com